Driving License in KanpurTransportation becomes an important part of every one’s life today. Commuting from one place to another makes it difficult further. In such a situation most of the people prefer to have their own vehicles to commute easily. Same is the case with a city like Kanpur with a population of 2,767,031. The first requirement that one should have to drive his/her vehicle is the driving license. Here we go with the procedures that are necessary to acquire a driving license in Kanpur.
Kanpur Transportation Department started issuing Sarathi software based Smart Card Driving Licenses since Jan. 9, 2013. It also has allocated a separate page to SCDL from where one can download the necessary information like application form, instructions and guidelines and the time-slot booking etc.
Kanpur has two Regional Transport Offices. They are as follows:
RTO Kanpur Rural
Regional Transport Office, Sarvodaya Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Phone Number: 0512- 2297786
Registration Number: UP77
RTO Kanpur Urban
Regional Transport Officer, Kanpur Urban
Phone Number: 0512- 2241047
Registration Number: UP78
ARTO Kanpur Dehat: email@example.com
ARTO Kanpur Nagar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Time Slot Booking System
This system helps people to take a prior appointment online and save a lot of their valuable time. Then they visit the transport office for learner or permanent or renewal of driving license according to the time-slot given to them. This system offers three time slots i.e., 10:30 am to 11:30 am, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm and 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm on all week days. The slot booking would be available 15 days in advance.
While filling in the details online, one has to give the name, address and date of birth particulars. Once the form is accepted, the website will display a booking confirmation receipt. A copy of it has to be submitted at the RTO at the appointed date and time.
Procedure to get a Driving License in Kanpur
Required application form need to be downloaded:
It is Form 2 for Learner’s License, Form 4 for Permanent License, Form 4A for International Driving Permit and Form 9+ for the Renewal of the Driving License. One has to procure a learner’s license first. After a period of six months they can apply for a permanent license. The application form duly filled in has to be submitted along with a few necessary documents. Documents that need to be submitted along with the application (Form 2) for a learner’s license are:
- The originals and the attested copies of the following documents should be carried at the time of verification.
- An age proof: .Could be a Voter ID Card/ LIC Policy/ School certificate/ Passport/ Birth Certificate/Certificate granted by RMP, not below rank of Civil Surgeon.
- An address proof: Could be a Life Insurance Policy/ Pass Port/Voter ID Card/ Pay slip issued by any office in the Central/State or a local body/Pension Pass Book/Arms License/ ID card issued by Central / State Govt.
- Two passport sized photographs of the applicant.
- Medical declaration/certificate: Duly filled in Form 1 or 1A.
- At RTO one need to go to the biometric centre where the applicant’s finger prints, photograph and personal details are recorded in the database. The applicant can also cross check the details on the monitor during this process. Once the RTO authorities are satisfied, the learner’s license is being issued to the applicant. It is valid for six months. After six months the applicant has to appear for a permanent license.
- An address proof.
- An age proof.
- Learner’s License.
- A proof of personal identification.
- Three passport sized photographs.
- Registration documents of the vehicle.
- Insurance papers of the vehicle.
All the above documents are verified at the time of the test. A test is being conducted to know whether the applicant has the knowledge of basic driving skills or not. The interpretation of signs and symbols and the understanding of traffic rules and regulations are being thoroughly checked in the test drive. If the applicant passes the test, a permanent license is being issued. Otherwise he/she can retry after a period of fifteen days.
Amount of fees that have to be paid
A fee of Rs. 30/- need to be paid for grant of learner’s license. Rs. 200/- and Rs. 500/- should be paid for permanent driving license on smart card and for international driving permit respectively. Rs. 250 has to be paid for renewing the driving license.
The minimum age to obtain a driving license to drive a two wheeler would be 16 years and for a four wheeler it is 18 years. One needs to be twenty year old to obtain a license for driving a commercial vehicle.
Once the applicant fulfills all the above conditions successfully, the driving license can be obtained. It will be sent to the given address by post.