Kanpur to Delhi by RoadKanpur is one of the most important cities in the state of Uttar Pradesh for a number of reasons. With large-scale development and commercialisation, Kanpur has become the industrial and commercial capital of Northern India. It is also one of the largest leather manufacturers in the country often producing leather that match international standards. Kanpur now boasts of a cosmopolitan culture and has seen a number of people migrating to the area as the city offers fantastic business expansion opportunities.
For this very reason, it is important for Kanpur to be connected to other important cities in the state and even neighbouring states. One of the easiest ways to travel from Kanpur is by road. The highways and roadways are constructed keeping in mind heavy vehicles, traffic and are also regularly maintained. The roads leading away from the city of Kanpur are in a slightly dilapidated condition, however, once on the highway it is a smooth sailing journey especially on NH 2. Kanpur is connected to a number of cities by road. Here we will be discussing the route from Kanpur to Delhi and Kanpur to Agra by road.
Kanpur to Delhi by Road
The approximate distance between the city of Kanpur and Delhi is 490 km and keeping in mind traffic, it takes about 6 hours and 30 minutes or more to get to Delhi by car. The average cost of fuel to travel to Delhi from Kanpur for a one way trip would come up to Rs. 3500 minimum.
Here is a comprehensive guide to travel from Kanpur to Delhi.
- Head north-east on Hamirpur Road and pass by the Tirupati Hyundai Showroom.
- Take a left turn at Krishna Lok Hospital onto NH 25. Deep Gas Agency to the left is a landmark here. Following this, take a right turn to keep on NH 25 which is also a partial toll road.
- This road continues onto AH 1/ NH 2. Keep driving through here.
- Take a U – turn at 227 km followed by a slight left to merge into the Yamuna Expressway which is also a toll road.
- A partial toll road which is an exit to the Noida – Greater Noida Expressway is to be taken and then continue onto Dadri Main Road.
- Drive onto Noida Link Road and take the ramp to Vikas Marg and keep driving onto Indraprashta Marg. The DDA office is to the left.
- Continue driving onto Deen Dayal Upadhaya Marg, take a left turn and you will have come to the end of your journey, i.e. New Delhi.
Along the long journey from Kanpur to Delhi, a number of eating options have sprung up. There are the perpetual dhabas on the highways offering mostly vegetarian fare in their eclectic settings of charpoys and steel utensils. Vardhan Dhaba and Vaishno Dhaba are two such dhabas along this route. But if eating at a dhaba is not your thing, an option between MacDonald’s, Subway, Bikanerwala and Pizza Hut are also available along this route.
Kanpur to Delhi by Cab
A number of car rental services or taxis are also available to make this journey from Kanpur to Delhi. The fare of the taxis generally depends on the type of car selected, comfort and even air – conditioning is a factor here in addition to fuel charges. An air conditioned Tata Indica costs anywhere between Rs. 2500 to Rs. 3000 and a more comfortable Honda City with air – conditioning will set you back by at least Rs. 4500. An additional charge of Rs. 200 is also applicable for the driver and toll charges, taxes etc. are to be borne by the client.
Kanpur to Agra by Road
The distance between Kanpur to Agra is significantly less than the distance between Kanpur to Delhi. Travel time between these two cities is 3 hours and 40 minutes approximately and the distance is about 274 km or 170 miles. The average fuel cost between these two cities comes up to about Rs. 1000 for a one way trip. Travel options between Kanpur and Agra are by private vehicle, bus and car.
The following is a simple guide to travel from Kanpur to Agra by car.
- Take Hamirpur Road in the north-eastern direction and pass Tirupati Hyundai to your left.
- At Krishna Lok Hospital, take a left onto NH 25. Take a right turn to stay on NH 25 which is a partial toll road.
- After about 25 km, continue driving up the AH 1/ NH 2 and after 236 km, take a left turn at Charam Tiwari Road passing Ashwini Hospital to the right.
- Continue driving up the AH 43/ NH 3 road and take a left turn at Strand Road. Continue onto AH 43/ NH 3/ SH 39 from the realeaseMYAD Agra Office. You will pass a Hanuman Temple to your left.
- A right turn at Haathi Ghat Road onto Daresi Road is to be taken followed by a left at Jama Masjid Road.
- The Mantola Road is to be continued on. Go on towards Sardar Batti Road from Deepmala Medical Store.
- A left turn at Dhuji Mandir gets you to your destination, Agra.
The eatery options along this route are more or less the same as the Kanpur and Delhi route with dhabas and fast food restaurants serving their brand of fare.
Kanpur to Agra by Cab
The relative cost for the trip from Kanpur to Agra is a lot lower with a Tata Indica cab with air-conditioning costing about Rs. 2000 a day at a fuel charge of Rs. 9.25 for every kilometre. Proportionally, the price rises or lowers depending on the hired car with a comfortable SUV costing about Rs. 2700 for the trip with a per kilometre price of Rs. 13.50. Driver, tolls and taxes are additional. Bookings for taxi services are usually made a few days prior to the travel and an advance non-refundable booking amount is to be paid as well.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0