Subhash Children SocietyThe most innocent and God-gifted creations are the children. It is very necessary that they are taken care of and well-brought up so that they feel privileged and supported. A mannered child gets with himself future, care and support whereas on the other hand an ignored, dejected child is nothing but a reason to feel sad about, an invitation to rebellion and hatred. To do this kind work, Subhash Children Society, registered NGO was created.
The society has been working in the field of child protection since the last three decades in Kanpur. Initially, the society was formed and very actively run by the children between the age group 14 years to 16 years in year 1980. However, now, these children have grown up and possess vast experience in the field of child protection and also over all development of the child. The NGO also takes into consideration the overall development of disabled children, street children and railway platform children, beggar children, school children child labour, orphaned and other needy children of the society.
Achievements of Subhash Children Society Kanpur
There are many projects which are run by this NGO. Some of them are:
1098 Child Line: - This child help line number which has been created is to help those children escape from the torture of manhandling or other such trouble, torture. It is currently in operation in 103 cities.
National Child Labour Program:- With the prime motive of self-employment training, they try to make awareness within the society and wish to rehabilitate more than 400 child labours every year.
Highlights of Subhash Children Society Kanpur
The NGO in Kanpur runs different projects in order to give these children equal rights. Some of which include good health, proper education also other vocational training in different courses which in turn offers them good living conditions. The society is also engaged in providing other services to needy and destitute children like their rehabilitation, shelter, emergency help through Child Line (1098) project, awareness about environment and also about child rights, protecting these angels from child abuse and also extend to them the best possible support in order to ensure justice.
Honors achievements and awards
The NGO has gone ahead to make a niche for itself by achieving many milestones.
- 945 children have been home placed, 290 provided shelter
- Social/legal justice has been provided to more than 285 children
- 52 children have been provided medical help and more than 2000children given Emotional Support and guidance from Child Line 1098.
- 6200 children are prevented from child labor and 4300 children have been rehabilitate from child labour.
- Women are benefited as 1400 women have been trained for better economic family employment
- 172 self-help groups have been formed and many women have been linked with Self-help employment.
- An orphan home for children has been created for improving their health.
- Such well known and well established organizations have been identified in Kanpur and Uttar Pradesh for child development and also child welfare.
- Thus this NGO does some real good work of giving humanity another chance to feel proud of.
Subhash Children Society Address
Subhash Children Society
328/7, N. L. C. Colony, Kidwai Nagar,
South Kanpur - 208023, UP